|General Knowledge Of Rajasthan
- History, Culture & Heritage of Rajasthan – Pre & early history of Rajasthan.
- Age of Rajputs: Major dynasties of Rajasthan and the achievements of prominent rulers.
- Emergence of Modern Rajasthan: factors of socio-political awakening of 19th century,
- Peasants & tribal movements of 20th century; Political struggle of 20th century and the integration of Rajasthan.
- Visual Art of Rajasthan – Architecture of forts and temples of Rajasthan; Sculpture traditions of Rajasthan and various schools of painting of Rajasthan,
- Performing Arts of Rajasthan – Folk music & musical instruments of Rajasthan; folk dance and folk drama of Rajasthan.
- Various religious cults, saints and folk deities of Rajasthan.
- Various dialects and its distribution in Rajasthan; literature of Rajasthani language.
- Geography, Natural Resource & Socio-Economic Development of Rajasthan
- Geography of Rajasthan: Broad physical features- Mountains, Plateaus, Plains & Desert; Major rivers and lakes; Climate and Agro-climatic regions; Major soil types and distribution; Major forest types and distribution; Demographic characteristics; Desertification, Droughts & Floods, Deforestation, Environmental Pollution & Ecological Concerns.
- Economy of Rajasthan: Major Minerals- Metallic & Non- Metallic; Power Resources Renewable and Non Renewable; Major agro based industries- Textile, Sugar, Paper & Vegetable oil; Poverty and Unemployment; Agro food parks.
- Current Events and Issues of Rajasthan & India – Important Persons, Places and Current events of the State.
- National & International events of importance. National & International Organisations- (BIS, ICMR, ICAR, Council for Social Welfare, APEDA, Export Inspection Council, FAO, WHO, ISO, WTO).
- New Schemes & Initiatives taken recently for welfare & development
- Chemical bonds and forces, concept of pH and buffer, thermochemistry, chemical equilibrium, chemical kinetics. Aliphatic and Aromatic hydrocarbons- concept of aromaticity, methods of preparation and chemical properties of alcohols, phenols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, nitro compounds and amines. Different methods of purification, qualitative and quantitative analysis. Solutions- concentration terms, liquid properties, surface tension, viscosity and its applications. Surface chemistry- adsorption, homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis, colloids and suspension,
- Types of microorganism associated with food, their morphology and structure, factors affecting their growth, microbiological standards, sources of microorganism in food, some important food spoilage microorganisms, fermentation- definition and types, microorganisms used in food fermentation, dairy fermentation, fermented foods- types, methods of manufacture for vinegar, sauerkraut, soya sauce, beer, wine and traditional Indian foods.Classification- five kingdom system upto phylum, plants and animal products used as food by human. Culture of animals used as food. Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic cells. Types of cells, animal tissues and organs. Human physiology- Nutrition and Digestion. Respiration respiratory pigment, transport & gaseous exchange. Excretion- structure of kidney and urine formation. Circulatory system- heart, blood vascular system, blood & its components. Nervous system- conduction of impulses, Muscular system- types of muscles and muscle contraction. Reproductive system. Endocrine system- hormones and their role. Immune system- types of immunity, antigen-antibody reaction. Diseases- deficiency diseases, communicable diseases and diseases caused by animals (protozoans, helminths, arthropodans).
- Genetically modified plants and animals, plant and animal tissue culture and its application, importance of GM-crops and their products, environmental bio technology- pollutants, Bio magnification & microbial bioremediation. Statistical analysis- mean, median, mode, standard deviation, regression and co-relation, T test, variance, chi-square test.
- Importance of livestock in economy of Rajasthan. Fundamentals of livestock & poultry production. Artificial insemination and pregnant animal management. Laboratory diagnostics, important diseases of livestock and their management. Present status of milk and milk products. Milk production and quality of milk. Milk processing and packaging. Dairy equipment & utilities. Introduction to livestock products.
- Present status of food technology in India and Rajasthan. General methods of food preservation & food processing. Importance of post-harvest technology of fruits & vegetables. Technology for processed products like Squash, Jelly, Sauce, Pickles etc. Postharvest physiology and handling of fruits and vegetables. Types & functions of Packaging materials used in fresh and processed food. Food laws – brief review of regulatory status in India (FPO, Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, Food Safety and Standard Act, Testing Food for its Safety, AGMARK). Hygiene and Sanitation,